Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is it spring yet?

Lots of new things to update on:

- I have been working out more consistently. I've been going to the gym 2-3 days per week. However, the weather has been terrible so soccer keeps getting cancelled. This weekend doesn't look much better, but hopefully it will get better soon so I can start playing again. 

- 3 weeks ago my cousin Jenny moved here from Cleveland. She has been staying in my apartment while job searching. She has been trying really hard to find a job here and I hope she finds something!

- Jenny has been staying at my apartment while job searching, so I've been staying at the boyfriend's. He's been super nice to me, by letting me stay there and by making me feel at home. He cleared out lots of space for me in the closet and bathroom, doesn't complain about my messiness (for the record I'm not messy, he is just super clean), and didn't get mad when I wanted to buy a few things to make me feel more at home there (a tray for the bathroom, a hook for the bathroom to hang stuff on, and a humidifier for my sinus congestion). 

- Next week we leave for Austin! We have been planning this trip for months and months and I can't believe it's almost time. 

- I got my haircut over the weekend. I wanted to try out bangs. They didn't turn as bad as I thought they were going I look, but I don't think they look like bangs, just layers in the front. I need to figure out how to style them I guess. The left is the inspiration photo (it's Keira Knightley) and the right is my attempt at a selfie:

- 2 weekends ago we had a reunion brunch with the roommates which was so much fun! I miss coming home and hanging out with them! I'm so glad we got to all catch up. Oh, and in the middle of brunch, the fire alarm went off and they made us wait outside (in the freeeezig cold and snow) until the firefighters said it was all clear. 

- As part of my New Years resolutions, I have been doing really well in the cooking more department. Living under the same roof as the boyfriend has really helped, mostly so leftovers aren't going to waste and cooking for 2 is so much easier than cooking for 1. Here are some recent meals I've made:



- Another resolution has been to take better care of my skin. For January my skin looked pretty awful, mostly due to the cold windy weather outside and the dry heated air inside. However, last week I bought some new Renee Rouleau skin care items (cleanser, moisturizer, spot treatment, and a serum) which has already made a difference in the Healy of my skin. I love her stuff!

- This weekend's agenda include my friend Michelle coming over, watching the Opening  Ceremonies for the Olympics, brunch with my friend Jessica, and soccer on Sat and Sun (game and pick-up). Then, I only have to work 3 days and have 5 days off!!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment