Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend started off with the boyfriend and I joining my sister and her fiancee for dinner where they treated us to a lovely and delicious dinner. The restaurant was a bit loud, but the food was delicious. We then walked around looking for some place for dessert when we decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory for some cheesecake and coffee. Why not live it up, it was Friday after all.

Saturday morning the boyfriend and I woke up early to watch the Arsenal game. After that we went for a run in which I was not having it an didn't want to run anymore. The boyfriend, being the nice person that he is, decided I needed some Breathe Right strips to help me breathe better when I run. He then went to the store to get me some. When he got back my roommate and I cooked a breakfast feast of rolls, bacon and scrambled eggs. After the breakfast I had to get ready for a manicure and pedicure date with my friends Erin and Jesica. Erin drove me and we met up with Jesica and had some excellent girl time while chilling at the salon. Then we checked out Jesica's newly purchased pad which is an awesome condo in Dupont. I'm highly jealous and the place looked great!

After the salon date, I had to run back home to get ready for a memorial service. Sadly, tragically, my old co-worker passed away suddenly at the young age of only 40. He was a good friend and I still can't believe he is really gone. His wife said that he wanted a celebration of his life rather than a mourning of his passing, so she threw a nice party for him - where the wedding rules applied of no church and open bar, so that's what we had. It was great catching up with all my old co-workers but it was also very sad that this is what it took to get us all together. They made a nice slideshow showing pictures of his life and they gave a nice speech about him. It really makes you realize how short life is and makes you want to live every day to the fullest.

Sunday the boyfriend and I were lazy and just hung out and relaxed all afternoon. I made some delicious chocolate chip cookies but nothing else very productive. Then we had to run off to the boyfriend's Sunday soccer team's Championship game. They ended up winning 4-1 (the boyfriend scored a goal!) and it was all very exciting. Here are the Champions:

No comments:

Post a Comment