Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Return!

Well, it's official. After a 2 month hiatus ...I'M BACK!

I have so much to catch up on! After I came back from Thanksgiving Break, I found out that my company had been acquired and I was being laid off, along with my department, and most of the other departments as well. Needless to say I was in shock and devastated and sad, not only because this meant I wouldn't have a job, but also because I really liked my job, the people I worked with, and being able to walk to work. The next day happened to be my birthday so the timing couldn't have been worse.

Speaking of my birthday, the boyfriend got me the coolest and most creative birthday present. He got me a 1 hour flight lesson! More to come on that.

I also received from great presents from my friends and family as well, including a cute purse, cookbooks, earrings, and a chocolate fondue kit (see below).

For the month of December I basically just job searched, went on interviews, hung out around the house, watched TV, and hung out with my old co-workers. Looking back it flew by, but during life of unemployment time goes by soooo sloooow. Each day drags on and on. I also am a planner by nature, and with your entire future up in the air, it made it impossible to plan anything at all, which I did not like. Also, all those times you sit at work wishing you were home, don't. Being stuck at home sucks! There's no one to talk to, nothing to do, and going anywhere meant spending money.

After a month and a week of looking, I found a job! I started a month ago and am loving it so far. At first I was happy just to have any job, but now I am happy and grateful for the job that I did find. I like the people, the location (right in the heart of downtown), my role, and the company. My new job requires me to dress ultra fancy, which is a big change from the wear whatever you wanted attire at my old office. Although I do miss walking to work and not having to deal with the metro, I do like being downtown again. My commute now is only 30 minutes door to door, which is not bad at all. I am also going to try riding my bike into work. I got my bike all tricked out with a rack so I can put my saddle bag on the rack, which will hold my laptop and things I need for work, which I am super excited about.

I think that's all for now, and I will be updating again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment