Thursday, December 12, 2013

Winding Down

Work has been steadily going from non-stop craziness to normalcy. The past 2 months I've only worked out a handful of times due to the perfect storm of working long hours, eye problems, and scheduling issues. However, last night I was able to leave work at 6:00 AND make it to crossfit! I feel like I'm finally back: I'm able to leave work on time, I'm finally able to make plans with friends, and I'm able to have time to work out. Hallelujah!

This weekend is jam-packed: birthday bowling celebration in Arlington, Cookie Exchange party in Alexandria, soccer in DC, and seeing my friend's baby in Maryland. So much traveling in just one weekend. 

Besides just working all the time, nothing else is new. I've been trying to order all my Christmas gifts as it is less than 2 weeks away and I've only bought 1 present. The weather has also been crazy around here. We had a snow day (aka work from home day) on Tuesday: 

I've also been cooking a lot lately. Here are some recent concoctions: 

Hangar Steak with salsa verde, plantains and guacamole


Shrimp Couscous: 


I've also made Skyline Chili, Penne w Ricotta and Spinach, and cookie dough for the cookie exchange:

That's all the updates for now. More to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment