Thursday, October 7, 2010

Massive Fail

Today, while eating lunch with my co-workers, I somehow managed to spill my cup of hot water all over the table, my lap, and my lunch. Massive, massive fail. Luckily I had made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the lunchroom, and I had all the stuff to make another one, so my lunch wasn't completely ruined. Also luckily the jeans dried pretty quickly and there were no burns.

Sadly, this is not the 1st time I've burned myself from hot liquids while living in DC (been here for almost 3 years now). About a year and a half ago, I was making soup in one of those bowls you heat up in the microwave. I was holding the soup by the top, and while getting a soup out of the drawer, the bottom came out and I was left holding just the lid and scorching hot soup all over my socks, bare legs, and shirt. I got some pretty nasty burns on my hipbone from this, but luckily it wasn't too bad.

In summary, I really need to stay away from hot liquids and not be such a klutz. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment