Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Big Reveal

 So yesterday was the big day - the day of my haircut! It was such an amazing experience at the salon. My stylist had lots of good pointers for me such as when you shampoo you should rub and massage the scalp to release all the oils, and when you condition you should take your hair in sections and rub the conditioner into each section until it feels like seaweed in order to get it deep into your hair, and finally to lift the portions of hair by my roots when its drying with clips pointed straight down in order to not have the top of my hair flat by my part.

When I first sat down in the chair, I what my typical hair routine was (which is not much) and then showed him this picture for the look I was going for:

Without wetting my hair or combing it, he started cutting it. He based the length off the natural flow of my curls in order for it to look the best. At the end, he had me stand up to do the finishing touches. After the cut, he took me to the wash room where he washed my hair. This part usually hurts my neck, but this washing chair thing was super fancy and comfortable and even had a nice foot rest.

After he washed and conditioned my hair, he placed towels on the floor and had me flip my hair over onto them in order to scrunch it up and put in product. Then he used special towels to blot the hair while scrunching in order to maximum the curls. Then I sat under the heater for a bit to let my hair dry, something I had never done before.

Lastly, he used this special diffuser shaped like a hand to get it completely dry (it was already almost dry). Then he sprayed on some spray stuff to set it and I was all done! Here is the final outcome:
On the metro on my way home
Side view
The back


















The best part of it all is that when I did my hair by myself this morning (without the special shampoo, conditioner, diffuser and towel) my hair still looks great. Nothing is worse than when your hair cut only looks good when you are a professional stylist (something I definitely am not). I'm so happy with it!

After the haircut I came home and made myself a delicious meal of Pasta Carbonara and green beans. I used Bethenny's Skinny Girl Recipe, but then un-skinnified it by not using soy milk, turkey bacon, or whole wheat pasta. It was super easy and super tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment