Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The End of another Era

A few weeks ago I noticed that my soccer cleats were starting to fall apart. I purchased these cleats last year from a consignment store for $5, so I wasn't too surprised. I taped them up but knew this wouldn't last too long (the tape is black so it's hard to tell). These cleats had lasted me through a summer season, a fall season, a winter season, a spring season, and most of this current summer season. So many games, so many memories!

Saturday afternoon (after watching the Arsenal game), the boyfriend and I ventured out to a soccer store in search of new cleats. After taking a measurement of my foot at the store, it was determined that I was a size 4 in kids sizes, so I was shown the kids wall of cleats to choose from. (Side note: I don't know how these soccer shoe sizes work cause I usually wear a size 5 1/2, not a 4). After trying on a few pairs, I went with these:

Since the cleats were WAY cheaper than I thought (hooray for small feet and cheap children's shoes) I also decided to get a pair of turf shoes as well (because my Sunday league plays all their games on turf fields), so I also purchased these:

To cap it all off, I also purchased the US team's kit (jersey and shorts combo) because it was also cheaper in the Youth sizes and why not. Here is the top:

All of this for around $100, not bad at all right! Great success. I wore my old cleats for the last time at my Sunday team's playoff game. We ended up loosing 1-0, but I thought it was only right to end the season with the shoes that I began it with. Can't wait to break in the new cleats tonight at pick up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment