Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap - Sporty Edition 3

Can you believe it is already August? This year is really flying by! This weekend my cousin Kevin was in town so the boyfriend and I went to dinner with my sister and her fiancee in Old Town on Friday after work. Saturday morning the boyfriend and I took Kevin all over the city - first we started out at Eastern Market, where I purchased this awesome sun hat at (and then proceeded to wear all day):

After that we swung by Good Stuff Eatery to get milkshakes, since it was so hot outside. Good Stuff is owned by Spike from Top Chef . Although the restaurant is a burger joint, their milkshakes are phenomenal. 

Next we ventured over to the DC Aquarium where they were having a shark week exhibit. Here are some photos:
Shark Week

Crocs

I like turtles

Shark


Fishies

Add caption



Kevin and I at the Aquarium
After the Aquarium we headed over to the Building Museum for Kevin to check out the LEGO Exhibit. Then, of course, we played around with the LEGO's, and the lions outside.
Lion statue

Building Museum

Taking in the architecture

The boyfriends's design

The boyfriends's design
To finish the night off, we went to the Nationals vs. Mets game



Sunday early morning the boyfriend and I had a soccer game and I was playing extremely well - I came so close to scoring a goal. Then I took a nap, relaxed, rested up and the boyfriend and I played some evening tennis after it had cooled down a bit. Unfortunately my tennis game didn't go as well as the soccer game. To cap it off, we took a late evening bike ride from DC to VA in which I had an amazing ride. I was flying down the hills and shifting gears like nobody's business. The boyfriend was very impressed. Then it was off to bed after a tiring day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment