Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life Without Cable

After moving from the house with cheap rent and 3 others to split the bills with into a more expensive apartment by myself, I thought an easy way to save some money would be to ditch the cable, DVR, and movie channels. I opted for just regular basic cable and streaming Netflix through my Wii.

So far it hasn't been bad at all. When I get home from work there's always at least something decent on - if not a new show, then a rerun of some show I never used to watch.

One show that I've discovered and really enjoy is America's Got Talent. It's the same basic premise as American Idol and all the others where each act performs on Tuesday night and then America votes for their favorite. The results are revealed a different night (no need to watch that, it's just a recap that's over dramatized) and whoever got the most votes remains.

Last night they had my favorite act on, The Olate Dogs, which is father-son duo who rescue dogs, train them, and perform them. The video clip shows the 2nd half of their act (I couldn't find the whole thing) from the Semifinals, which was incredible. How can you not smile watching this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfCvyhTG2E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope you enjoyed and if you find yourself free on Tuesday evening, tune in - and vote for your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment