Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekend Update: A Real Adult

This weekend was lots of fun! Friday the boyfriend and I just stayed in and relaxed. Saturday we spent all day cooking and cleaning because we invited the boyfriend's co-worker over for dinner. The boyfriend mainly cleaned and I mostly cooked, and we made a great team. My apartment looks better than ever!

For the dinner, I made:

Herbed Ricotta Bruschette
http://www.goop.com/recipes/antipasti/herbed-bruschette
This turned out really well, and was super simple to make. I bought fresh ricotta from Whole Foods - wasn't even going to attempt to make my own

Balsamic Zucchini, Artichoke & Chèvre Focaccia
http://www.goop.com/recipes/lunch/balsamic_zucchini_artichoke_chevre_focaccia
This was only ok. I made it a few hours ahead of time and it was tasty then, but by the time I served it it was bland and dried out. Best to serve right away, but only ok overall.

Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
http://www.goop.com/recipes/dinner/turkey-meatballs
This dish was the main dish I served and was super tasty. Took kind of a long time to make, but it made a ton of food so definitely worth it! Delicious and healthy.

Molten Chocolate Cake
http://www.goop.com/recipes/dessert/molten-chocolatecakes
This is what I was most nervous about making because I had never made anything even close to this before but it was very easy to make, only needed a few ingredients and was absolutely delicious! Plus, you can easily skip the white sauce you pour on top, making all the ingredients probably something you already have on hand.

All of the recipes are from the site goop (goop.com) - if you haven't checked it out yet you should. It also has way more than just recipes!

After the dinner guest left, it was late and I was tired, and I fell asleep watching tv. Meanwhile, the boyfriend cleaned up, washed all the dishes, and took a panoramic picture of my apartment. Isn't he the best!

Sunday we went to the Auto Show with my friend from college Michelle. It was really fun to look at all the nice new cars I will never buy. We also got some freebies which I always love to get.




No comments:

Post a Comment