Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Update: The Circus

This past weekend was so much fun! After a long week at work, I went to Crossfit on Friday, which was the perfect way to unwind. We did a partner workout consisting of jumping rope and lifting dumbbells. I'm still sore from it today.

Saturday I thankfully slept in because it was quite a busy day. I treated myself to a massage - after all the working out I've been doing I needed it. After the massage, I headed home to quickly get ready because I was meeting my friends early evening for dinner before the circus. My friend Jessica invited the boyfriend and I to free tickets and a backstage tour at the circus!!!

After a quick bite to eat, we headed to the circus for a backstage tour. The Assistant General Manager walked us around backstage where we got to see all the animals in their cages, the props, and the costumes. It was so cool! Before the show started, we got to go out on the floor where there was some entertainment. We saw an elephant paint a picture, which was my favorite part.

Then it was time for the show to start. The show itself can best be described by one word: spectacular! The performers were top notch, incredibly talented, and thoroughly entertaining. I felt like a little kid again.

After the circus we met up with my old roommate Honore. Her 2 sisters were in town visiting from NY. We went to a trendy new hipster bar which was fun but after all the excitement I was tired so we didn't stay out too long.

Sunday was busy too, full of soccer games. Yesterday evening during my game it started snowing and hasn't stopped. I awoke to a winter wonderland outside - about 4 inches of snow! So much for that spring weather I've been waiting on.

Also, today is my little sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Erin!!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment