Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Long Weekend!

Can't believe September is already here, but August ended on a high note with the boyfriend's sister coming to visit. We did lots of touristy things including the Museum of Natural History where we saw the butterfly exhibit. We went into this room where there were butterflies everywhere, of all shapes and sizes. They were so beautiful!






We also went to the Portrait Gallery which has the most beautiful courtyard. 



Another adventure was going to the top of the Old Post Office Building which has magnificent views. 



We also ate and ate and ate! So much eating delicious food, I am still stuffed from the weekend. 

Friday night I went to my friends place for a homemade meal of traditional South Indian food. I wasn't sure what to expect but the food was delicious. Not too spicy, full of flavor, and I definitely didn't miss the meat (the meal was vegetarian).  

Making dosas

Dosas

Eating dosas: my bro-in-law, my sister, Jeet, and myself

Sisters :)

Sunday we also went over to our friend Ros's for a small get together/BBQ. It was really fun, relaxing, and great food (per usual). 

That pretty much covers it. The weekend was lots of fun and went by way too fast. Now it's back to reality time. 

Upcoming this week is soccer on Tues and hopefully crossfit on Wed, Thurs, and Fri...lets hope that's not too ambitious and that I can walk by this weekend, since my new ladies soccer team's first game is on Saturday, and my regular soccer league's season kickoff is Sunday evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment