Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weekend Update: Heat Wave

I haven't posted in awhile so there's lots to catch up on. DC has been in the midst of a heat wave meaning all I have been doing is sweating. 

Two weekends ago was my old roommate Ashleigh's birthday bash. All of the old roommates attended which was so much fun seeing all of them together. 

The birthday girl with her bday cake

The next day we headed down to Old Town to celebrate my sisters belated 30th birthday (her actual birthday was when I was in Pittsburgh). We walked around the waterfront, got ice cream, and watched a street magicians' show. Then we headed to their house to cool off, play with their cat Hunter, and I gave my sister her birthday gift (from all of the sisters) which she loved!

Last week and the week prior, I started going to crossfit in the mornings. Although I hate having to lug around my clothes and toiletries, and not being able to get ready at home, I was having a hard time leaving work on time to make it to the evening classes. Going 1st thing in the morning means I have no excuse not to go (except for an early morning meeting like today). I wake up at 6, leave at 6:30, have class from 7-8, then shower and walk to work and get in around 8:45/9. This is much different than my regular mornings where I get up at 7:30, leave at 8:30, and get in at 9. It's been an adjustment but is going ok so far. 

Last Friday the boyfriend and I helped Jesica pick out new running shoes and then we grabbed burgers after which was really fun. Saturday morning the boyfriend and I played pick up, then showered and rested, and then played tennis in the late afternoon with my friend Chris. After tennis we went to Guapo's for some delicious Mexican food. It was a fun but tiring (and sweaty) day. 

Sunday morning I met up with my friend Jessica at the Corcoran Museum of Art. We has brunch first, which was a vegan all you can eat buffet and soooo delicious. After brunch we walked around the museum and saw all of the art. I didn't take many pictures, I meant to take a lot but got distracted by all of the wonderful artwork. 

 Brunch at The Muse

Jessica taking a photo


After walking around the museum I was quite tired so I headed to the boyfriends to watch the US Men's soccer game and then headed off to my own soccer game. We won our game 2-0 and I scored the 2nd goal! It was my first real goal (as in, at an actual game, not just at pick up). I was so excited and the boyfriend took me to 2 Amy's for pizza afterwards to celebrate. It was a great end to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment