Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Update: Baseball and Soccer

I can't believe it's already Monday again, and that there are only 2 weeks left in August! This summer flew by!!!

Friday the boyfriend and I, along my 2 co-workers, went to the Bowie Baysox game where we met up with my sister, my brother in-law, and their 2 friends. My brother in-law's baseball team was having a charity home run derby after the game. The game was tons of fun, although I didn't watch all that much of it (I was too busy eating and chatting). The weather was unseasonably cold though so we were freezing! 


Saturday mornings we usually play soccer, but since it was the kick-off of the English Premiere League, we decided to watch the Arsenal game instead. The turned out to be a disaster - Arsenal lost, there were tons of injuries, and received a red card. It was not the start I was hoping for. After the game the boyfriend went to work. We met up later that evening and had a lovely night in where I made dinner, we watched TV, and cleaned my apartment. My bathroom was glowing white it was so clean. 


Sunday I babysat at the boyfriend's soccer game for these two little rascals:
They are so cute and full of energy!

Later that evening was my team's playoffs, and we had the boyfriend play with us. We won the first game (the semi-finals) after it went to penalty kicks but then lost the second game (the finals) so we ended up getting 2nd place overall. We were the champions last season so weren't able to defend our title but it was still a fun game. After the game we got 2 Amy's pizza to celebrate. 

Now it's back to work time. On tap for this week is crossfit, pick-up, and lots of meetings at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment