Monday, November 22, 2010

Babies and Nintendo

Friday night the boyfriend and I went to see a friend who just had a baby. She was about a month old, and so tiny and adorable. If you know me, it's no secret that I *love* babies, so I was super excited to see her. She was such a good baby too, no crying or fussing.

Saturday night, my friend Julie (of famed "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly") invited us over to have an old school Nintendo and wine party. It was so much fun! I think Nintendo peaked with original Nintendo, and it's been down hill ever since. Sure, now you can do all these fancy crazy things on video games and they look so real that it takes you a minute to figure out that it's just a video game, but original Nintendo was and always will be the best. We played Super Mario Brothers 1 and 3, and a bit of Duck Hunt too.

We couldn't get the game to sit in the slot properly, so we had to shover another game in there to hold it down. Remember when you used to have to blow in the games to get them to work. How far we've come!



Firepower is awesome! Look at those amazing 2D graphics.


The boyfriend playing Super Marios Bros. See how happy Nintendo makes him.


Duck Hunt!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! My place made a cameo :) And I like that you don't mention someone's name. Just, "the boyfriend." As it should be. - The "good."

    ReplyDelete