Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Complaint of the Day

Today I checked my balance at Capital One Bank online and it read $0. Um, what! I recently closed out a CD I had with them, and had the money rolled over to my checking account. I planned on taking the money out of the checking account and putting it into my new bank (which has a 4.1% interest rate!) which is much more conveniently located than the Capital One Bank.

I called customer service and they said the amount had been taken out at the teller and was auto-signed. They told me to come into the bank to file a fraud claim. I asked my boss if I could head down to the bank and he said no problem. I talked to the manager at the bank who told me that she thought it was just an internal error, and that they could send me a cashier's check, which will be here by the end of the week.

That's all great (especially since I didn't want to bank with them any more anyways), but why did they take out all my money? And why didn't they think it was that big of a deal. Oh well, at least I'll have my money back soon, and I never have to deal with Capital One Bank again.

This is my latest in a long series of issues with Capital One. I opened my account under Chevy Chase Bank, and ever since they were bought out by Capital One, everything has gone downhill. I would definitely think twice about opening (or maintaining) an account with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment