Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bike Collecting

Last year for my birthday, my boyfriend bought me a bike. A vintage cruiser bike with fenders and a rack:


At the time, he had a vintage road bike:


But after seeing me on my cruiser, he decided he wanted on too:


Then, I decided I wanted a road bike, so I bought a Terry bike:


Finally, the boyfriend decided he wanted to build a fixed gear bike (and yes, he really did build this thing from scratch):


Wonder how long until I decide I want a fixed gear...

While we're walking down memory lane, a year ago today I was at my 1st week at my last job (which I ended up hating) and am so thankful that I now have my current job (that I plan on staying at for a long time). 3 years ago today, I was prepping for my move from Cleveland to DC. Taking a huge gamble on quitting my 1st job out of college to move to DC only knowing 2 people, and moving here with no job lined up. 3 years later, it's all worked out wonderfully - after bopping around a bit, I have an awesome job that I love, a wonderful boyfriend I would have never met if I hadn't moved (or would we...), an awesome group of friends, and of course 3 amazing roommates. Wonder where I'll be 3 years from today?

No comments:

Post a Comment