Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Recap - Kids Edition


The weekend started off with a surprise birthday party for my friend Erin (pictured) and Sheela. They were completely shocked when they entered a room full of their friends! You're probably what this has to do with kids - the party was kid-themed, as in everything you want at your party when you were 5 - princesses, goodie bags, pin the tail on the donkey, spoons tournament, etc.

Saturday morning we were supposed to watch the Arsenal vs. Stoke City game, but due to mass amounts of snow in London, the game was postponed. So the boyfriend and I had a relaxing morning, and I helped my roommates on a mass cleaning / re-organization of the kitchen. Then we headed downtown to the Spy Museum, which was a good time. Then we went to dinner, and went a friend's house for a birthday celebration which was fun and relaxing. They just had a baby in October, so there was lots of baby-holding time (my favorite!).

Sunday I had a birthday brunch with Erin, and then headed off to watch the boyfriend's soccer game. It was fun, but cold, and they won, which was all nice, except when the other team's goalie illegally slide tackled the boyfriend while he was in mid-jump, causing him to land smack on his face on the cold turf. His face is now all busted up, mainly under his left eye, where it's swollen and scratched up. The poor thing - every time I look at him, I feel so bad for him because I know how much it hurts and how much of a wimp I would be if that happened to me. The weekend concluded with us going to Zoo Lights with my old co-worker Emily, her son Andrew, and her mom. It was so nice to catch up, and see how much Andrew has grown!

Now it's back to work, but thankfully it's a short week! I'm leaving on Thursday afternoon for Chicago, hooray! Which means, only 3 more days (now 2 1/2) and then I'm off until the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment