Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Good Day

Today I'm having a great day for no apparent reason. I was walking to work when some little girl was running by me on her way to school and she stops and says "hi". I said hi back and then she stopped again and turned and says "you're pretty" and I responded with thank you. Such an innocent little comment, but so nice to hear.

Once a month I have to do this report at work that is a lot of data entry. I have to pull the numbers in for a bunch of other reports, and it's very important that I get every single line item exactly right. It's really confusing to know if you are entering in the correct data, since sometimes there's multiple line items on one report that need to be combined into a single line item on my report. Anyways, today's the lucky day, and usually I get stressed about it, since I don't want to mess up, but I just finished and am feeling very confident about the numbers.

My boss today trained me on how to make the Financial Reports for the Quarterly Board Meetings. This means that the reports that I make will be sent directly to our Board of Directors, which is very exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm glad to be getting more exposure and high-level reporting opportunities.

Arsenal played Leyton Orient today in the FA Cup, which is a make-up game after tying with them in the last game. After loosing tragically in the last few minutes of the Carling Cup, they really needed a win here. And they did! They were really giving it to Leyton, dominating the game, and beating them 5-0, trying to make up for their lost last week.

Tonight I have soccer, and hopefully my good day will continue at the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment