Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

It's Monday and I'm tired and cranky (more on that later) but this weekend was a blast - action-packed and fun-filled.

Friday night I went errand shopping with the roommates - we hit up the Party Supplies Store, Target, and the grocery store. Not very exciting sounding, but it was fun. Saturday morning my roommate Ashleigh ran a 4 mile race that was right down the street from our house, so Emily and I went to go watch her finish. Then we came back to the house to get ready for the roommate's brunch. We decked the house out for St. Patrick's Day:
Decorated Front Window
Decorated Door Frame
Table full of accessories

There was so much amazing and delicious food for this brunch! I was very impressed and ate way too much.

After brunch, the boyfriend came over and we watched the Arsenal game and then decided to go for a bike ride around the area. We discovered a park full of all the local neighborhood toddlers and their parents, and was adorable to watch. I wanted to swing on the swings, but didn't want to kick off a little kid (such a rough life), so ended up just heading home. Then my sister called and wanted to see if we wanted to get dinner with her and her boyfriend, which we did and was a great time.

Sunday I woke up early and went over to the boyfriends, hung out for a bit and then got picked up for my soccer game. It was the 1st game of my Sunday Spring Soccer League, and the weather was great. The game was fun, we won 1-0, had tons of subs, and I played more aggressively than I usually do (I even drew a foul by running into a guy that was twice my size, falling, and then rolling on the ground). I got dropped off after the game about a mile from the boyfriend's and since the weather was nice, decided to walk home. I stopped at McDonald's to get a chocolate shake for the walk. Then the boyfriend surprised me by meeting me on the walk home, and upon our arrival at his place, we decided to stay outside since it was so nice out. We walked down to the park nearby and practiced soccer skills. It was tons of fun, until I slipped on some mud mid-kick and then my back starting hurting. The boyfriend was super nice to me after I got hurt, taking excellent care of me, letting me borrow his heating pad, and even taking me out to dinner. He really is the best!

I didn't sleep as well as I usually do last night due to pain every time I rolled over, and then to top it off, my alarm went off an hour early (at 6:30am instead of 7:30am), even though the time on my phone had been showing the correct time after the time change. Must have been a weird iPhone glitch, and after my alarm went off, I could only get back to a half-sleep state. Let's hope my phone alarm glitch is fixed for tomorrow, and tonight I am planning on baking some cookies (if my back allows so). Happy Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment