Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adventures in Dog Sitting

A friend of a friend is getting married and then leaving for her honeymoon, and knowing that I love animals, she asked me if I could dog-sit for her while she was gone. Of course I said yes and am super excited. The dog's name is Poppy and she's a giant golden retriever. She is so pretty and one of the most well-behaved dogs I have ever known.
Poppy the (female) dog


Poppy the (male) dog


(Side note: Poppy was also the name of my lovely dog growing up. My Poppy was a male, and he passed away 2 years ago after living a very long and very happy life. So it's strange to be calling out the name "Poppy" again - in a good and bad way.)




When Poppy arrived last night, Moe-Moe (my roommates cat), was extremely curious as to who this new creature in the house was, while completely petrified at the same time. Moe-Moe stood back, observing from afar, a safe distance away. Poppy the dog could have cared less that there was another animal anywhere in the house and went about exploring the house and trying to get pets. Lucky for you, I was able to capture the whole scene with a quick snapshot on my phone. Notice Moe-Moe peering out from behind the doorway, so curiously.




1 comment: