Monday, May 9, 2011

FIRE

Friday, I was hanging out at the boyfriend's when he starts yelling at me to come look out the window. I go
Firefighters putting out the garage fire
over to the window, and the garage across the alley from his apartment is in a blaze of fire. I'm in shock, staring out the window when all of a sudden the boyfriend starts yelling at me to get my shoes on because we have to get out of the apartment due to the flames getting way too close to his apartment.

In my quick reaction skills, I start thinking "oh I need to get my iPhone, is it cold out? Where's that sweatshirt I was wearing earlier..." and proceed to take my good old time getting out of there. Due to my slowness and not being able to find my shoes, before we even made it out of the apartment, the firefighters showed up and
were able to put out the flames in less than a minute.

I learned that if there's ever an emergency, I suck at reacting. My brain shuts down and I can't think logically. Good thing the boyfriend was thinking clearly for the both of us! And, more importantly, no one was hurt in the fire.

Then, in case that wasn't enough fire action for you for one weekend, Sunday afternoon the boyfriend and I
were in Rosslyn waiting for the Circulator to take us to Georgetown, and the boyfriend says "look over there, I think that building is on fire". This luxury apartment complex had smoke billowing out of it, and about a minute later you could smell smoke. A minute after that, the roar of the sirens started and they were soon surrounding the building. I'm not sure what happened because the bus came a few minutes later and we got on.

Turnberry Towers on fire



No comments:

Post a Comment