Friday, May 13, 2011

Out and About

After taking a hiatus last week while sick, I was back in action this week! Monday night I went to happy hour with my co-worker, Tuesday night my sister had me over for dinner, Wednesday night I went over to a friends for a pizza party, and last night I went to a District Sports Happy Hour. The boyfriend and I play in a distric sports league soccer (in different leagues though), and the happy hour was for a good cause - to benefit Street Soccer USA which aims to end homelessness through sports. For a "suggested donation of $10" you got a drink ticket, a raffle ticket and a Georgetown Cupcake. The boyfriend and I both tried the Cookies and Creme cupcake and it was very delicious - it tasted like an oreo milkshake, but in cake form.

We were getting a little bit bored, since we didn't know anyone at the happy hour, but then the raffle began! The very first raffle ticket that was picked was one of ours!!! It was for a Prince of Petworth t-shirt, which is very coincidental considering just an hour earlier the boyfriend and I were discussing the blog. The shirt is size XL which kind of sucks since its definitely not my size, but its still fun to win things anyways!
Prince of Petworth t-shirt won at raffle
After the high of winning, we decided to hang out around, just on the off chance that we could win something with our second raffle ticket. They had handed out all the prizes (more t-shirts, DC United tickets which I really wanted, etc), and then the Georgetown Cupcake guy comes through the crowd with 4 dozen boxes of cupcakes, which I presume were leftovers from handing them out earlier. They pull a ticket for the 1st box and its was our second ticket's number!!! What were the odds of winning twice! I told the boyfriend to take them into work, but he said it was donut day so I should take them, which I did. I was so excited to tell everyone that I won them in a raffle! Great way to start off the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment