Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Recap - Sporty Edition 2

My bike!
This weekend was full of sunshine, bike riding, and soccer. Friday night the boyfriend and I laid-low since I had an early soccer game Saturday morning. My Sunday team was in the Semi-Finals (hence the Saturday game instead of the usual Sunday game) and we ended up loosing 2-1. After the game we decided to get some brunch at Steak and Eggs, since I had a Groupon from there. Then we decided to hit up a tennis store I had also bought a Groupon for. They had to special order me a racquet so I have to go back and make sure I like it. We also hit up the hardware store and I bought a kickstand for my bike, that the boyfriend was kind enough to put on for me. Then we were passing by a farmers market and my front tire was low on air, so we decided to stop off at the free bike clinic and this ended up being the best stop. They filled my front tire with air and gave my whole bike a look over - telling me I needed a new front tire and a new chain soon, before it damaged other parts of my bike. They did this all for FREE and even fixed a few minor things on my bike as well. I could feel a huge difference in the bike after we left the clinic. Well, after a whole day of bike riding (did I mention that we rode our bikes to all of these stops) and sunshine - we were quite tired. We were supposed to meet up with some friends but were too tired to go out, so we ended up just staying in.

Sunday also started off early with the boyfriend and I meeting up with my co-worker B for an Eastern Market trip. B is sort of new to the area and she had never been to Eastern Market before so it was so much fun showing her the market. She LOVED it and we will definitely be back again. Sunday ended with me watching the boyfriends soccer game, which he scored the team's only goal at (they tied 1-1). However, he got quite dinged up at the game and was limping around today. The poor thing, it was breaking my heart to see him hurt like that.

Today's Monday again, but only 4 more days of work and then I'm off to the beach for the long weekend, which cannot come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment