Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday night the weather was beautiful and after a work happy hour, I met up with the boyfriend in NE for his friend's surprise birthday party. The party started early (7:15) which is my kind of party (why wait around until 10 to get things rolling) and the surprise part worked out great. The hostess was amazing and all in all it was a great time.

Saturday morning after a glorious sleep in, the boyfriend and I headed over to the annual Flower Mart at the National Cathedral. We shopped around at the vendors selling various items such as flowers, plants, antiques, trinkets, and so forth. We ate some ice cream, people watched, and then we saw signs for the Bell Tower Climb. Not really sure what we were signing up for, we embarked on the 333 step journey up a small windy staircase to the chamber where the bell-ringers gave us a demonstration on how the bells work. There were also some great views of the Cathedral (both inside and out) that you could see from the tour. It ended up being super fun and glad we were feeling spontaneous. After the festival, we changed into our DC United gear and headed off to tailgate for the game. I had received free DC United tickets for volunteering at the Cherry Blossom Soccer Tournament  so we got to go for free. Since I worked for the tickets, the boyfriend treated me to snacks during the game (isn't he the best) and although the game ended at a 0-0 tie, it was still a great time. After the game, we headed to a friends bbq, which luckily was nearby because I was so tired after all that.

Sunday was a pretty lazy and relaxing day for me. I skipped soccer (it was so early and the other side of town) and slept in. The boyfriend and I enjoyed the sunshine by walking around Georgetown, and then I came home and did laundry, painted my nails, and cleaned my room (sitll hadn't quite unpacked yet from London).

Below are some pics from the Flower Mart by the boyfriend - he got a new lens, a fisheye lens, so enjoy!

Flower Mart 2011


Climbing up the windy steps

View from the Bell Tower

Bell Ringing Demonstration

Me in the bell

The boyfriend in the bell

Inside the Cathedral


Inside the Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment