Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day - Update

Last night was so much fun, even though we didn't do hardly anything we had planned. I got over to the boyfriends place around 8 was just having a bad day for absolutely no reason. I was hungry and crabby and we decided to forgo the cooking and just go out to eat instead. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, which was surprisingly not crowded at all, and had a very nice romantic dinner. After dinner, we headed back to his place and he gave me my present.

Before I tell you my present, I need to fill you in on the story of how we met. My co-worker Jesica double-booked me and the now-boyfriend for lunch one day (May 13, 2009). Jesica and I had brought food to eat, and it was really nice outside, so we decided to eat out on the Navy Memorial, which was only a block away from our office at the time. The now-boyfriend works just a few blocks up from there, so he walked down and met us. We hung out as friends for about 2 months afterwards, and had our first real date in July, and have been happily together ever since

Needless to say, the Navy Memorial now holds a very special place in my heart. The boyfriend surprised me with a gorgeous, stunning, amazing picture collage of the Navy Memorial and Archives in a floating frame. He took a bunch of different pictures of the scene at different times of the day, and put them together into a collage.

I just want to preface the pictures below with the fact that they do not do it justice, the collage looks way more amazing in real life and it was hard to photograph because it was so reflective:



1 comment:

  1. wow that looks really gorgeous. And is so cool, you two are way too artistic. :)

    ReplyDelete