Friday, February 4, 2011

Superbowl Squares

My office decided to play a game for the Superbowl called Superbowl Squares. For those of you who don't know what it is, you buy a square in a grid. The grid has one team along the top and their opponent along the side. Each square has a number from 0-9 for each team, representing the last digit of the score. The numbers are randomly assigned to the squares after all the squares have been assigned. If that doesn't make any sense, just keep reading.

Today at 3pm our office had a drawing, where people would pick the number from a bowl to determine what order the 0-9 numbers appear. For whatever reason, that meant that there had to be refreshments for the participants. And the only acceptable refreshments for anything related to the Super Bowl would be beer - Bud Light to be exact. Yes, this really is the place that I work. So, at 3pm on a Friday at work, my co-workers are throwing back multiple beers.

Back to the actual topic at hand, my superbowl squares picks are:
Steelers 7 - Packers 1 and Steelers 6 - Packers 0, so let's hope I win! I think I actually got pretty good numbers. Speaking of winning, there's some serious cash to be made: 1st quarter $25, Halftime $50, 3rd quarter $25, and Game $400.

No comments:

Post a Comment