Monday, February 28, 2011

I Got Cankered

The end of last week my throat started hurting a bit. As it turned into the weekend, the lymph node on the left side of my throat started getting bigger and bigger. I began worrying that I was coming down with something, but thought it was strange that it was only one part of my throat that was hurting. I also thought I had bitten the very back corner of my tongue.

Saturday morning, when I was getting ready to brush my teeth, I realized that the whole back of my throat was really red and irritated. I immediately freaked out, thought I was dying, and ran to grab a flashlight so the boyfriend could inspect. He saw that in the middle of all the redness was actually a white sore spot that he said was just a canker sore. I felt so relieved finally knowing what was wrong with me, and that it wasn't anything serious (and that I wasn't dying). I've been salt water swishing twice a day now, and it's already feeling much better. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment