Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend flew by, I can't believe its already Monday. Friday was very relaxing - after leaving work, I went home and relaxed after a long week. The boyfriend came over a bit later and we stayed in, relaxed, and watched movies on TV. Such a fun time.

Saturday I ran some errands with the car my sister let me borrow. I went grocery shopping and took the car to the dealer to look up this code that you need to type in to make the radio work (don't ask). I came home and made this amazing Lemon Bundt Cake for dinner. My roommate had made this last week, and after tasting how delicious it was, I thought it would be perfect to make for the dinner party. The cake itself has a lemon flavor, but then there is the lemon glaze that you pour over it, which just gives it an extra touch of deliciousness.

After baking, the boyfriend and I had to go and get ready for the dinner party. My old co-worker Emily, her husband Marc, and her mother invited us over for dinner. My other old co-worker Tiffany and her boyfriend Ryan joined as well. Dinner was absolutely delicious and it was so nice to catch up with both of them. Unfortunately we had to leave early because the boyfriend was not feeling very well, but other than that it was an amazing time.

Sunday was busy, busy, busy. We went to go watch the Arsenal game - they were playing in the finals of the Carling Cup versus Birmingham. Unfortunately they lost right in the last few minutes and it was heartbreaking. But we didn't have long to linger on the loss because the boyfriend had a soccer game. The weather was great so I went to spectate and cheer them on. They won 2-1 and the boyfriend had a goal and an assist, so he basically kicked butt. Way to go! We came home, stopped by the neighbors to buy some girl scout cookies, and then decided to go shopping. After that, we dropped the car off, got some Chipotle, and then had a romantic walk home. Once we got home, we relaxed and watched the Oscars with the roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment