Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I haven't written in a while, probably because there hasn't been much going on. Work has been getting busier and a bit more stressful, we are in the middle of a heat wave here in DC, and the boyfriend left me for a week to go home and visit his family.

I purchased some travel books for Turkey, which has been making me even more excited for the trip! Also, Turkish is not an easy language to pronounce.

I watched the Women's World Cup game on Sunday with my soccer team after our game (we won!) and I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the game. The US dominated that game, had SOOO many chances at scoring goals and lost the lead not once but twice. And then, to top is all off, they were just downright horrible at their penalty kicks. Since when does the US suck at penalty kicks? When we were watching the game, there was a guy at a table behind me with his wife and kids. He kept yelling out the most ridiculous things during the game, like when one of the players would shoot the ball at goal and would barely miss, he would yell out "take her out, she is sucking". It was super annoying to hear someone yell when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Yesterday I worked from home because I had a doctor's appointment, and what was supposed to be a nice relaxing day ended up being quite stressful because my boss had asked me last minute for a report on something I was unfamiliar with. But I got it all done and I think he was happy with what I put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment