Friday, July 8, 2011

Lobster Time

Earlier today, one of my co-workers kindly sent out an email alerting staff that the DC Lobster Truck would be in our neighborhood today for lunch. Seeing as I have yet to experience the food truck craze, and I forgot my lunch in my rush to leave in the morning, I decided to partake. Some other co-workers left earlier and said they would scope it out for us. They told us the line was long but not crazy, so we decided to venture over.

When we arrived, the line was long but not nearly as long as it gets in DC (I would think, I've never actually seen the line). While we were in line waiting, a nice gentleman informed us that there were 2 kinds of rolls - the Maine and the Connecticut. The Maine had mayo and the Connecticut had butter. At first I was going to go with butter, but then I decided to go the more classic route and go with the Maine.

Then I had to decide if I wanted to get the combo or just the roll. The combo came with potato chips and a drink and was only $3 more, so I figured if I was going to splurge on the roll, I might as well go all out. They have their own brand of Maine sodas that come in a variety of interesting flavors, and I chose the Orange Creme Soda which turned out to be an excellent choice.

After we ordered, our food came out surprisingly quick, and then we were back off to the office to eat it. The roll was so delicious and full of huge chunks of lobster - they definitely didn't skimp on that. There was some debate at the table as to which was better - the butter or the mayo, but I was extremely satisfied with my choice, especially because the mayo wasn't over-powering whatsoever. You could still taste the lobster flavor itself. With it being $18, its not something I would have very often, but it was a great treat to try on this otherwise rather dull Friday afternoon.
The line to order
Lobster Truck
Soda Selection
The roll - deliciousness

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the lobster truck! I've gone twice now! :)

    -Honore

    ReplyDelete