Monday, July 25, 2011

Wedding Plans

My sister is getting married September of next year and they have a date and a venue all set! Hooray! Saturday my sister took me to the venue site so I could see it. I don't know what I was expecting, but it blew away my expectations. The venue is called River Farm and it is very historical - it was owned by George Washington from 1760 until his death in 1799. The site is now the American Horticultural Society Headquarters so there are TONS of beautiful flowers all around the house.

My sister was set on having an outdoor wedding, and after seeing the venue she chose, I can see why she fell in love with the site. This is the front of the house:

This is the side of the house which overlooks the Potomac

And this is the beautiful garden out in the backyard (I love all the benches)

I got distracted and forgot to take a picture of the tent, so this is from the venue's website:
I am so excited for her, and now that they have a venue and a date, I feel like all the other pieces will start to fall into place. I am so excited and can't wait for the big day!

1 comment: