Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Shoes

My mom was in town for the past few days, and when I took her on a bike ride on Monday night, she was appalled that I was wearing sandals. Although I had zero problems with my choice of footwear while on the bike ride, she decided the next night that I needed to get a new pair of running shoes. The boyfriend came and met us at Pacers in Clarendon, and the sales person who helped us was super helpful. First he asked me a bunch of questions about what activities I would be doing with the shoes, and how often. Then he had me get on a treadmill and run for about 2 minutes. While I was running, they taped my feet running, and then we watched the video afterwards. I wish I had pictures of what my feet looked like while running, but when my feet hit the ground, my ankles turned inwards, quite significantly. The salesperson said I needed "stabilizing" shoes which would help my feet land flat on the ground instead of turning in. I tried on a pair of these and hit the treadmill again. He played the 2 videos side by side and you could immediately see a drastic difference! I took home these Asics Duomax shoes and hope that I can feel a difference next time I'm on a run (or a bike ride).

No comments:

Post a Comment