Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was such a good time! Friday night, I met up with my friend Jesica at Jazz in the Garden. Jesica had just gotten back from Afghanistan, and I'm so happy she made it home safely! After Jazz in the Garden, the boyfriend and I chilled at home.

Since my sister was out of town for a wedding, she let me borrow the car for the weekend! Saturday morning the boyfriend and I headed out super early to go fishing! We went back to Great Falls, at this Sandy Cove area we had saw the week before. We caught a fish this time!! It was big old catfish, which we let go after we caught it.
     

After fishing, we met up with my friend Beryl, and since I had the car, I helped her move her stuff into her new apartment. Then, we all headed out to Target where I got so much good stuff - including new shoes, a yoga mat, a new front door mat, supplies for S'mores, some awesome Toy Story band aids, and a few other very important necessities. When we got back from Target I wasn't feeling well - I had a throbbing headache, so the boyfriend and I just decided to stay in. 

Sunday morning, after sleeping in a bit, we drove over to the Tennis store to pick up my racket. They had to string it for me so I couldn't take it home last time I was there. The guy even gave me a free case to go with it. Have I mentioned how awesome there the guy is! Check them out at Tennis Zone! Then I was off to my soccer game, the 1st one of the Summer League. It was so incredibly hot out for the game! There is zero shade on the field, and its a turf field which means that the heat radiates up from the ground, making it feel like your feet are on fire when you are running around. We ended up loosing 6-4, but it was a really close match and I think we only lost because they had a lot more subs than we did. After my game, I was off to watch the boyfriend play his game. It was his Sunday league's playoff game, but they ended up loosing as well. After the loss, we headed home to clean ourselves up. Then we had a nice dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then home. It was quite the packed, fun-filled weekend!

This week will be super busy since we are planning on going to the Nationals game on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and then leaving Friday for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment