Friday, October 21, 2011

Amazingness

The other day I ordered some new shampoo and a few other miscellaneous items from Birchbox which is my new obsession. For $10/month you get a box delivered to you every month full of 4-5 beauty samples from "luxury" brands. Basically, you get to try some awesome products from nice brands, and then if you like the stuff you can buy it for a reduced price on the site. It's a great way to try out new products, especially products you didn't even know you needed, and the site is full of lots of how-to tips and tutorials (when I had longer hair I used to watch a lot of the video tutorials on different hair styles). The samples are also perfect for traveling since everything is usually carry-on sized.

Well, anyways, back to my order. I was looking for new shampoo, I felt like the ones I was buying from CVS were leaving my hair flat and dull. So I bought some new sulfate-free shampoo to try out from Birchbox along with a few other items. When the package arrived however, the shampoo lid wasn't quite closed all the way so shampoo leaked out over the products. Also, the products were wrapped in pink tissue paper, and since the tissue paper had gotten wet from the shampoo leakage, everything in the box was stained pink. I wrote back to Birchbox explaining what had happened.

Today, I received a personalized phone call from a representative from Birchbox telling me how sorry they were for the shampoo leakage, and informing me they would be re-sending me the damaged items right away. She was super nice and apologetic, and plus she called. After we hang up, I get an standard email from Birchbox with the order information on it, and then minutes later I get another email from the representative apologizing once again for the leakage and confirming that the order she placed was correct.

Can you say amazing customer service! I was so impressed! Way to go Birchbox - oh, and sign up today!

(This was not paid for or endorsed by Birchbox in any way. I am not affiliated with the company, I just love what they do)

No comments:

Post a Comment