Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bullet Points

- This morning I saw a dog walking with a cast on his leg. It was so cute but so sad. I've never seen an actual cast before on a dog.

- I haven't been feeling very well these past few days from allergies. I'm all stuffed up and have all this pressure in my sinuses. It sucks but hopefully it will get better soon. 

- I have a long weekend this weekend (for Columbus Day), and I didn't even know about it until last week. I can't wait to sleep in on Monday, and to have a short work week next week!

- I saw this homemade face mask on pinterest and I will definitely be trying this at home (I just need to buy some orange juice)

- The boyfriend hurt his leg at his soccer game on Sunday, he pulled his hamstring. Luckily his parents were there to take care of him since I was away. He can't walk very well and definitely can't run, so I have been left to train by myself. Last week and this week I ran 3 miles. Today I'm going to attempt 4, with a hill. Let's hope I survive.

- On Monday night I mapped out my run on Google Maps, memorized it, and then left without taking anything (like my phone with GPS). I ended up getting way lost, but somehow ran exactly the same distance as the run I had mapped out originally. I guess I have no sense of direction, but a good sense of distance?

- The weather outside is absolutely gorgeous - right now its 73 and sunny with no humidity and a very slight breeze. The sun feels extra nice after the entire month (or so it seemed) of September being cloudy and rainy. 

- Yesterday I bought my tickets home for Thanksgiving. The boyfriend and I are going to get a ride to Cleveland with my sister and her fiancee. We are doing Thanksgiving on Thursday, a wedding shower for my sister on Friday, and then the boyfriend and I are leaving Saturday morning for his hometown, where we are doing a 2nd Thanksgiving on Saturday, and then flying out on Monday back to DC. So that's 1 car trip, 1 wedding shower, 2 flights, 2 Thanksgiving dinners, and 2 families...all in 6 days!

- 24 days from now the boyfriend and I will be in Turkey! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment