Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weekend Recap - Travel Edition

This past weekend I went to Columbus to visit my friend Jenna for her birthday. I have a few pictures from the weekend but I haven't yet downloaded them to my computer so you will have to wait for pictures. Friday night we went to dinner at this delicious Steak and Seafood restaurant called J Gilbert's. It was delicious and there were these really nice older gentleman who were sitting by us who overheard it was Jenna's 26th birthday and kept wishing her a happy birthday. Don't you just love random nice strangers. The waitress also gave Jenna a free dessert for her birthday. Sometimes I miss being in the Midwest where everyone is so nice.

Saturday we went to lunch, shopped, and were going to tailgate for the Ohio State game, but the weather was not cooperating (it was very cold and rainy and windy), so we just met up with some of her friends to watch the game indoors at a sports bar. Normally when I go to a sports bar, there's different TVs showing different games that are on. But not in Buckeye country - ALL the TVs were showing the game. After that we went home to get ready for the night and then we were off to a late dinner and then dancing and singing at this Piano Bar. I had a blast there!

The next morning we got breakfast and did some more shopping, relaxing, and hanging out before I had to go and catch my flight back to DC. When I arrived back in DC, the boyfriends parents were flying out of the same airport, and even though I arrived at the opposite end of the airport, they waited to say bye to me before they went through security. It was good timing and nice of them to wait for me, and also nice for the boyfriend that he was already at the airport and didn't have to come twice in one day. Then it was back to the house to unpack and then off to work the next day. I'm glad I was able to celebrate Jenna's birthday with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment