Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

Today I am wearing my Cardinals shirt since they are in the World Series, which starts tonight! Go Cardinals!

This past weekend was fun-filled and jam-packed. The boyfriend left me to go to a work retreat that was focused on team building activities. Only 50 people were selected to go (out of thousands who applied) and the boyfriend was chosen! He had a really nice time and made some new friends, which is always great.

While he was gone, I luckily had lots of things planned so I wouldn't be too lonely. Friday night I went to dinner with some co-workers and friends. It was a nice time - we went to a Lebanese tapas place and ended up being there for almost 3 hours.

Saturday the weather was absolutely perfect so I went for a nice walk up to Clarendon to get a birthday present for Trinity's 1st birthday party which was later that day. On the way there I saw 2 different signs for yard sales. One wasn't anything special, but the other one was a treasure chest full of goodies. The couple there were so old and cute and adorable. I bought a Van Gogh book for $1 and a swivel mirror for my bathroom for $3.

I bought Trinity a machine called Twilight Turtle which glows and makes stars on the ceiling for bedtime, as well as 2 goodnight books for a complete goodnight themed gift. I also made her a card since her parents love my cards. I met up with my friend Jesica who agreed to be my date to the party. Here are some pictures from the party:
Jesica holding Trinity

Trinity clapping for her cake. She didn't like it and spit it out - adorable!
Sunday morning started off super as we left before sunrise for hiking out in the Shenandoah Valley. My sister picked me up, we got some Starbucks, gas, picked up our friends, loaded the car, headed to the other friends house who was driving, and then we were off! It took us about 2 hours to drive out there, and we stopped at a roadside antiques and fresh produce store where we bought an apple pie to munch on.

We decided to do the Rose River Trail, which was a 4.6 mile loop where we saw 2 waterfalls. It was ideal weather out and the leaves had just started to turn - couldn't have picked a better day to go! Our hiking group was my sister Amy, my friend Lara, and 4 of her friends, so 7 in total. Everyone was super nice and friendly. Here are some pictures:













No comments:

Post a Comment