Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Recap - 3Day Edition

This weekend was a long weekend and having that extra day off was glorious. Unfortunately I was feeling under the weather thanks to allergies so I didn't do too much. Friday night the boyfriend wanted to watch the Cardinals - Phillies game, and his team (the Cardinals) won. It was very exciting for him.

Saturday morning and afternoon was so nice and relaxing. I got to sleep in, catch up on some TV, and rest up before the boyfriend and I headed out to a charity event. His old co-worker now works for this Architectural non-profit firm that is trying to take unused shipping containers (that they use on barges) and turn the "box" into a usable space in communities, such as an Art Studio, a Music Studio, a bike repair station, etc.

The event took place at another Architecture office that had a nice large patio, and since the weather was absolutely perfect, everyone was outside.


Although the event was slightly disorganized, it was fun. It had a nice laid back vibe to it as opposed to a stuffy corporate event, and then office where the event was at had lots of fun games and sorts to keep the boyfriend and I entertained. We played ping pong, foosball, and there was a giant Jenga set, and Wii as well. And the money all went to a good cause (click here for more info). Oh and I almost forgot - there was a raffle. The boyfriend and I left before they had the drawing (I was getting tired), so we gave our tickets to the boyfriends friend to claim our prizes for us if we won. We got home and the boyfriend had a text saying he was the 1st winner drawn so he won a box screen printed t-shirt! We must be good luck for each other because since we started dating, we've gotten VERY lucky with these raffles (knock on wood).

Sunday afternoon I had a soccer game and since the boyfriend's leg is still hurt and he can't play, he came to support me. Only problem was I had lost my voice and was hacking up phlegm like it was my job, so I wasn't in the best shape to be running around. But, we would have been down girls if I didn't go so I thought me being there not doing much was better than me not being there at all, so I played. I didn't do too much running. And we lost, another game that we should have won. Don't know what the deal is with our team this season. At least it was fun. After the game I was pretty tired so we just relaxed for the rest of the night and had dinner at our favorite local Mexican restaurant.
Monday the boyfriend had to work but I had the day off. I woke up around normal work time though, so I wouldn't get all out of whack schedule wise. I went on a nice long bike ride where I ran into an old co-worker which was nice. I did some stuff around the house and went to the grocery store to make a nice dinner for the boyfriend, since I felt bad he had to work. I made green beans, mashed potatoes, and panko crusted tilapia (the tilapia is my sister's recipe which I'll post another time). It was delicious and pretty easy too. After dinner, we capped off the night by seeing The Lion King 3D. The boyfriend had never seen the movie before - can you imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment