Monday, January 10, 2011

Bathroom Protocol

Today I was in the bathroom fixing my hair when 2 co-workers of mine walked in. One walked to one of the many open regular stalls while the other one walked passed about 6 open stalls before settling on the handicap stall. Personally, I am not a fan of the handicap stall, unless I'm travelling with my suitcase or changing my clothes, because I think there is just an awkward amount of space in there - too much. I also usually use the stall closest to the door solely because just that - it's closest. The co-worker who chose the handicap stall isn't large by any means, she's on the shorter and skinnier side of average. So I really don't see why you would by-pass all the regular, open stalls to walk all the way to the end of the bathroom just to use the handicap one, which is the exact same as all the other stalls but just twice as large.

Also, once my friend in college said she walked out of the handicap stall and there was a legit handicap person waiting to use it. Are handicap stalls that same as handicap parking spaces where you can't use them unless you actually are handicap? Or you can use them all you want, but are just there in case a handicap person needs to use it? Just wondering what the proper protocol is.

No comments:

Post a Comment