Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back in DC after an amazing break. I spent a few days in Chicago with the family, and then headed down to St. Louis to meet the boyfriend's family and spend a few days with them. Meeting the family could not have gone better. I felt right at home with them and they did a wonderful job of making me feel like a part of the family.

Chicago:


Before Christmas my mom and sister had been in India for my sister's friend's wedding. They got stuck in Frankfurt for 2 days, when they were finally able to make it back to the US on they day before Christmas Eve. My dad was sick with a sinus infection and my sister and mom were jet lagged, so there was a lot of relaxing going on. Since my sister Amy couldn't make it home for Christmas, and my sister's friend, also named Amy, was going to be around Christmas weekend, we had a replacement Amy for the holidays (see picture). We did a lot of shopping, eating, chilling, and relaxing.

My little sister got me a head wrap for Christmas, which I am obsessed with:


I spent a lot of time hanging with the cats. My sisters have 3 cats - Chloe, Marley, and Lo, and they are such little piggies that they are in your face every time you have food. Here they are giving me the stare-down while I'm in the kitchen:



A few days later, the boyfriend drove up from St. Louis to pick me up. We had a few hours to hang out, so we walked around the city, stopped by the bean, saw the ice skaters, drank hot chocolate, and tried to stay warm.


Then we were off to St. Louis with a short stop over in Champaign, IL to see the University of Illinois (the boyfriend's alma mater) and to see his friend Derek and his family.

When we arrived in St. Louis, the main thing I wanted to do was to see Scott Air Force Base, because I had never been on a base before. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I had no idea that it would be as big as it was. The base was like it's own little city, it even had a Burger King! See below for some pictures:






Before I knew it, it was time to head back to DC.

Bye St. Louis:


Hello DC:

No comments:

Post a Comment