Monday, January 24, 2011

Restaurant Week Recap

Monday night I went to Tallula with my friends from work. I was excited to discover that the Restaurant Week menu was just their regular menu. I started with the fried oysters which was amazing, so delicious and crispy and the apple risotto was a nice compliment. For the main course I had the Crispy Rockfish which was served with rice and curry and vegetables, and is pictured below. For dessert I opted for the cheese plate which was just ok, but I was chocolated-out and wasn't really feeling anything else. The thing that I liked best was the amount of food, they certainly didn't skimp and the fact that they didn't offer separate, non-regular menu items. I would definitely recommend again, but their sister establishment next door, Eat Bar, is definitely more in my price range.


Friday night the boyfriend took me out to Acadiana, which was amazing! Our waiter was a nice mix of fun yet still professional. The food was so delicious, all southern style food. For appetizer I had the Roasted Crab and Corn Chowder, which was really tasty, especially the crab. The presentation was nice, it came out in a bowl and inside the bowl was a metal container with a lid, which they poured out into the bowl to serve - quite fancy. The boyfriend had the trio of deviled eggs, which were all tasty as well. For the main course I had the barbecued shrimp, which is nothing like that it sounds like. It is big, huge pieces of shrimp in this brothy sauce that tastes exactly like if you had barbecued something. It was served with a huge piece of warm bread that I used to slop up all the sauce. The boyfriend had the gumbo for his main course, which was the best gumbo I've ever had. For dessert, I had the bread pudding and the boyfriend had the chocolate mint cake. Both were delicious and rich.

My only complaint about the entire meal is that the server took away my dessert when I still had one more bite yet - I really wanted that bite! I don't have any pictures on the food from Acadiana, but I did get all gussied up for the big event. And thanks to my sister Erin for giving me the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment