Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Little Things

Last night, I was on my way home from my soccer game, sitting on the metro, when I had an idea. Why not go over to the boyfriends house and surprise him? Although I only had my soccer stuff with me, I had clothes over there I could wear to work the next day (I just wear whatever to work, jeans, whatever), and didn't really need anything else.

I also remembered that earlier in the week I had upped my Netflix membership from online only to one DVD at a time, and had the DVDs sent to his address instead of mine. The first DVD was set to arrive that day, making the surprise even better.

Making the surprise even one step better was that the DVD that I set first in the queue was the BBC show Luther, which the boyfriend is obsessed with (could it be because his name is also Luther, or just that show is really good, or both), so he was super excited to get to watch all the episodes that he had never seen.

Basically, even though all I really did was show up unannounced at his house with something in the mail for him, it's the little things that go a long way. He was very happy to see me, even more happy to watch his namesake show, and it all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment